Paradigm Engineering's upgraded BMW magnetic aluminum oil filter Housing cap directly replaces the OEM plastic oil filter cap on your BMW N54/N55/S55/N52/N20/N26 engines.
Replaces OEM part number 11427525334 - BMW Oil filter cover
Each oil filter cap is CNC milled from a solid block of billet aluminum and fitted with a Samarium-Cobalt rare earth magnet. This magnet is in direct contact with pre-filtered oil, and will naturally capture any ferrous particles that may be within your engine oil. Additionally our aluminum oil filter caps prevent many of the problems associated with the OE plastic caps such as cracks, rounded heads, and mangled threads.
As an engine wears, it becomes inevitable that a fine amount of ferrous particles will naturally be shed. Ferrous particles in engine oil cause premature wear, obstruct the paper oil filter, and could be an indication of a serious issue within your engine.
For more information, please check out our FAQ
Note: Must use an OEM filter bypass valve. Handle Samarium magnets with care. Avoid striking, tapping, or hard drops.
Features and Benefits
- Effective method of capturing any ferrous particles that may be within your oil
- Samarium-Cobalt magnets are able to operate at a temperature of up to 662° Fahrenheit with a higher threshold of degradation than Neodymium magnets
- 21mm hex nut for ease of install and removal
- Finishes available in Polished, Black, Red, and Blue
- Logo machine engraved after anodize for a premium finish
- Precision designed and manufactured in the USA by individuals with a background in Endurance Motorsports
- Utilizes the OE filter and filter housing o-ring
- Reuses the OEM filter bypass valve/cage (remove center cage from OE housing cap and snap into the billet housing cap)
• N54 BMW engines
• N55 BMW engines
• S55 BMW M engines
• N51 BMW engines
• N52 BMW engines
• N20 BMW engines
For PDF install guide please click here
Got this because it honestly stands out from the rest of the companies, But unfortunately does not work with the n54 docrace intake manifold as it does not have enough clearance. Wish they could’ve put that out there… :/
Apart from how beautiful this oil filter housing is, it is super effective and allows for the extra piece of mind when you don’t see any metal particles sticking to the magnetic housing. I would still run a lab analysis on vehicles oil every 50,000 miles though!
Perfect fit. Great quality
Easy to install, looks great, and makes oil changes that much easier
Lovely and shinny