Paradigm Engineering's upgraded BMW magnetic aluminum oil filter Housing cap directly replaces the OEM plastic oil filter cap on your BMW N54/N55/S55/N52/N20/N26 engines.
Replaces OEM part number 11427525334 - BMW Oil filter cover
Each oil filter cap is CNC milled from a solid block of billet aluminum and fitted with a Samarium-Cobalt rare earth magnet. This magnet is in direct contact with pre-filtered oil, and will naturally capture any ferrous particles that may be within your engine oil. Additionally our aluminum oil filter caps prevent many of the problems associated with the OE plastic caps such as cracks, rounded heads, and mangled threads.
As an engine wears, it becomes inevitable that a fine amount of ferrous particles will naturally be shed. Ferrous particles in engine oil cause premature wear, obstruct the paper oil filter, and could be an indication of a serious issue within your engine.
For more information, please check out our FAQ
Note: Must use an OEM filter bypass valve. Handle Samarium magnets with care. Avoid striking, tapping, or hard drops.
Features and Benefits
- Effective method of capturing any ferrous particles that may be within your oil
- Samarium-Cobalt magnets are able to operate at a temperature of up to 662° Fahrenheit with a higher threshold of degradation than Neodymium magnets
- 21mm hex nut for ease of install and removal
- Finishes available in Polished, Black, Red, and Blue
- Logo machine engraved after anodize for a premium finish
- Precision designed and manufactured in the USA by individuals with a background in Endurance Motorsports
- Utilizes the OE filter and filter housing o-ring
- Reuses the OEM filter bypass valve/cage (remove center cage from OE housing cap and snap into the billet housing cap)
• N54 BMW engines
• N55 BMW engines
• S55 BMW M engines
• N51 BMW engines
• N52 BMW engines
• N20 BMW engines
For PDF install guide please click here
Shipping was super fast to Rural New Zealand and the build quality is amazing. It came with a soft (cotton) bag and a colored Paradigm Engineering sticker. Other brands do not have the part for the filter cage which is necessary to keep your car alive. I recommend buying a BMW Engine Oil Filter Kit - Mann 11427953129 from FCP Euro for $8.49.
Packaging was extremely impressive.
Looks to be of very high quality in manufacturing and coating.
Magnet is way stronger than I was expecting!
Not JUST an oil filter cap, I am very impressed all around.
Great Service from Paradigm and the magnetic billet oil filter housing cap arrived here in South Africa fast, the item has an excellent fitment & looks good in the engine bay.
Great quality for sure
Excellent material and worthy!!